Width: 10"-20" "Height range*: 9""-17.5"" *Dependent on width"
Black, Chilli (Red), Mango (Orange), Bumblebee (Yellow), Calypso (Pink), Royal (Purple), Ocean (Blue), Leaf (Green), Granite (Grey)
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
Enabling freedom without compromising posture and comfort, Zygo is a back support with inbuilt laterals designed for full-time self-propelling wheelchair users. Active wheelchair users don’t want to be held back – they want the freedom to go places and do amazing things.
Zygo back support systems are lightweight, easily adjustable, easy to install and remove, more breathable and more personalised. Zygo back support systems give you more comfort, flexibility, personalisation, and freedom to move – enabling you to go places, achieve more, and be whoever you want to be. The back support is an integral wheelchair component for appropriate seating position and trunk support. It plays an important role in increasing comfort and function for wheelchair users.
Sitting over extended periods of time can cause discomfort and accelerate the development of spinal deformities. Manual wheelchairs are usually supplied with sling-style back supports which do not provide appropriate postural support, nor adequate pressure relief, for some full-time wheelchair users. Rigid back supports are recommended for improved postural support and comfort. Spex Seating aimed to design the Zygo back supports with suitable shapes and sizes for most active users, without any major adjustments or customisations.
A mid height shell with an open shallow contour provides:
– Support for the pelvis, lumbar spine and thoracic spine
– Shallow contour suitable for users with moderate trunk mobility and strength
– Different height options allow the shell to reach the mid-thoracic or upper-thoracic region
Designed for the individual who:
– Requires a solid back support to accommodate mild postural and stability needs
– May need posterior and lateral trunk support to maintain good posture alignment and enhance function
– Has mild to moderate torso asymmetries
– Requires superior pressure distribution
– May have independent self-propelling skills
– May need to independently transfer in and out of their wheelchair
– May need to independently install and remove the back support from the wheelchair